- DPP-4 inhibitors include the oral drugs Januvia, Nesina, Onglyza, and Tradjenta. These protect a natural compound in the body -- GLP-1 -- from breaking down. GLP-1 helps lower blood glucose.
- Incretin mimetics or GLP analogs include the injected drugs Byetta, Bydureon, Tanzeum, Trulicity, and Victoza. They use the body's own signaling system to boost insulin after meals.
- Sodium-glucose co-transporter 2 (SGLT2) inhibitors work by blocking glucose from being reabsorbed by the kidneys. That raises the amount of glucose urinated, and lowers the amount of glucose in the blood. Currently, Invokana (canaglifozin), dapagliflozin (Farxiga), and Jardiance (empagliflozin) are the only drugs in this class that's approved by the FDA. More SGLT2 inhibitors are being developed.
- Other drugs include Symilin, an injectable synthetic hormone. It helps lower blood sugar after meals in people with diabetes who use insulin.
- Combination drugs have made a difference. They join different medications in one pill -- often metformin and a sulfonylurea, a meglitinide, a DPP4 inhibitor, a thiazolidinedione, or a thiazolidinedione in combination with a sulfonylurea. This cuts down the number of pills a person has to take. Combination drugs include Actoplus MET, Avandamet, Duetact, Glucovance, Metaglip, Kazano, Oseni, and PrandiMet. There can be drawbacks. They tend to cost more than generic drugs. They can also make it harder to fine-tune the treatment. "When you have a combination drug, you can't adjust the dose of one drug without adjusting the other too," says Rita Kalyani, MD, assistant professor of medicine at Johns Hopkins University. "There is less room for precision."
- New types of insulin allow some people to take just one injection of a long-acting insulin each day. That can be much easier than multiple injections of standard insulin, says Cypess.
- Future medications. Other classes of medication are in development. One type doesn't affect insulin, unlike most diabetes drugs. It blocks the body from reabsorbing glucose from urine, says Kalyani. While the FDA has not approved any drug from this class, it could in the future.
Sunday, December 28, 2014
Type 2 diabetes treatment has come from many years ago, experts say, with new drugs and devices adding up to better lives for type 2 diabetes patients.
"In the last decade, I think that we've transformed the way we manage diabetes," says Aaron Cypess, MD, PhD, assistant professor at Harvard Medical School and staff physician at Joslin Diabetes Center. He tells to new classes of drugs, better devices, and a fuller understanding of how exercise and diet can treat the condition.
He has also become much more aggressive in treating diabetes. People with type 2 diabetes are getting diagnosed and treated earlier than they once did -- and having better outcomes.
"We have seen several news, exciting classes of drugs in the past decade," says Cypess. New drugs and types of insulin have made treatment better. In some cases, it's simpler also.
Thursday, December 25, 2014
Diabetes is a complex disorder with a various of causes. People with diabetes often causes high blood sugar level, also called hyperglycemia.
Diabetes is a metabolism disorder.That's why digestive tract often rupture as a reason many food can't produce it's energy.
—sugars and starches found in many foods.
—into glucose, a form of sugar that enters the bloodstream. With the help of the hormone insulin, cells throughout the body absorb glucose and use it for energy. Diabetes develops when the body doesn't make enough insulin or is not able to use insulin effectively, or both.
Insulin is made in the pancreas, an organ located behind the stomach. The pancreas contains clusters of cells called islets. Beta cells within the islets make insulin and release it into the blood.
Tuesday, December 16, 2014
What is diabetes?
Diabetes can be described a group of metabolic diseases that the person has high blood sugar either lack of insulin production or cell do not respond properly to produce insulin or both.. Diabetes has another name called Diabetes mellitus. Without clinically diagnosed the symptom of diabetes patient are as given as below
A) Polyuria (frequently urination)
B) Poly pepsia (state of the digestion)
C) Poly dipsia (increase thirsty)
D) Poly phagia(hunger)
Types of diabetes
There are two major types of diabetes,
1. Type 1- Diabetes mellitus type 1 is also known to insulin dependent diabetes mellitus (IDDM), or juvenile onset diabetes mellitus.
2. Type 2- Diabetes mellitus type 2, formerly noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM) or adult-onset diabetes is a metabolic disorder that is characterized by high blood sugar.
Treatment of diabetes
Diabetes disorder can be managed but cannot be cured. Treatment objective are to:
# Try to keep blood glucose levels as normal as possible
# detects prompt any complications. Early diagnosis and treatment may prevent or delay some complications from getting worse.
Basically Treatment depends on the type of diabetics that they have. Mainly treatment may fall in to the two large categories e: g lifestyle and medication.
Patient who has diagnosed with diabetics have to need to take care of their health. They will have to need continuous advice and support about keeping a healthy diet, maintaining active and monitoring their health. Diabetes does not hamper their normal activities; As a result they can lead their live and able to adjustments to their lifestyle and make significant improvements. For diabetic patient ‘self managing' is the major motivation for effective treatment. If people able to diagnosed with pre-diabetics, they can able to prevent their condition for developing the next stage of diabetic by changing their life style. The following factor should carefully maintain for the management of diabetics.
1. Avoid excess eating
2. Weight management
3. Give up smoking and excessive alcohol
If anyone don’t follow as per diabetes guide line lifestyle. It may be occur the following complication.
If you want to know more about the patient of diabetics lifestyle.
You can login; "More"
remember that this is absolutely free.
You can login; "More"
remember that this is absolutely free.
For maintaining their blood sugar level and minimize the risk of diabetics complication like hypertension, blood pressure, cancer and so on diabetics patient take medicine.
Treatment for type 1 diabetes
Actually Pancreatic Beta cell mainly responsible to produce insulin. If any complication occurs on Pancreatic Beta cell, it is not able to produce it. For this the patient with IDDM need to take insulin.
There is also a sub-type of type 1 diabetes known as 'brittle diabetes'. It is particularly hard to control.
For more details about Type 1 diabetic. Please Login to "Here is full free.
Treatment for type 2 diabetes
Person who has been suffering from type 2 diabetics need to initially control the symptoms of type 2 diabetes by following a healthy diet, taking regular exercise and keeping their blood glucose levels within an agreed target range. When type 2 diabetes is improving condition patient with diabetes need to take diabetes medication which usually will be in tablet from. A treatment program will typically include one or more combination of the following:
- changing to a healthier diet
- medication such as Metformin
- Insulin therapies.
If Patient with diabetes who can control keeping blood glucose levels is vital in reducing the risk of diabetes complications. So A person with type 2 diabetes may need medication for reducing high levels of blood glucose. In the first choice this will usually be glucose-lowering tablets it may be a combination of more than one type of tablet and it may also include inject able insulin.
For more information. """Just Go Here""""
How to better control diabetes ?
There are many way to control diabetics but here we will discuss mainly some way food, exercise and weight.
It is great concern that when you will diagnose you have diabetes. What will eat one of the biggest concerns? Let us following guides you with quick meal ideas, healthy snack choices and tips for eating out.Most of people are consuming too much sodium especially first world country. They take in more than 3 kg of sodium per day. To keep lower blood pressure little amount of sodium in the diet can help many people. Lowering blood pressure can able to decrease the risk of heart attack or stroke or both. Mainly more sodium come from processed or packaged food. If anyone takes fresh or unprocessed food there is no chance to take increase sodium. As a result He can able to maintain his blood sugar level. To know more read continuously.
To maintain blood sugar level, Exercise is one of major tools for diabetic patients. Without taking medicine diabetics patient able to control their blood glucose level with the help of exercise and food. To know more information regarding exercise. Just follow it
When you have diabetes, being overweight or obese increases your risk for complications. Losing just a few pounds through exercise and eating well can help with your diabetes control and can reduce your risk for other health problems. You will also have more energy and feel better in general!
Learn how to lose weight in a healthy way and keep it off. Find the weight loss strategy that works best for you and start feeling better now. Never wait to follow this
know that .Diabetes disease is maintainable not fully cure able. Diabetic
patient can keep their body well by changing life style and food habits. Here
are mentions 7 tips for exercise program.
Fitness tips for diabetes.